Guess what guys? Today I found out that I am going to finally be an auntie! I thought this day would never come. My sister is 37 for goodness gracious!?! Her chimes were sounding off louder than Big Ben
My sister knows a lot. I often ask her opinions about things. But this time she needs my help. You see… even though I am the little sister… out of the two of us, I happen to be parenting aficionado. I’ve been doing this parenting thing for fourteen years now. And I’m not too coy to crown myself a parenting expert… (however self professed it may be.) I learned from the best… my mother. Now I can finally pass down (or pass up in this case) what I know to my sis.
Honestly, I am really excited! Even though I have my own children… but there is something gratifying about spoiling other people’s children… then sending them back home!
The baby will be here in 7 and a half months, so me and sissie girl has got lots to do.
As my gift to her, I decided I would give her what I consider to be the top ten “new bundle of joy (and cries… at 1 in the morning… 3 in the morning… 5 in the morning – oh boy sissie better get her rest now)” necessities.
I thought it would be nice to divide the top ten new baby necessities into three groups. So here is the list developed just by me… the parenting extraordinaire:
Bare essentials (the-food-water-basic-survival kinda stuff)
1. Formula – baby gotta eat, right?
2. Diapers – with eating comes tee-tee’ing and BM’ing
3. Blankets – keep the kiddie’s fingers and toes warm
4. Bottles – cause the bitty can’t feed itself
5. Clothing – jr. gotta get outta that birthday suit eventually
Safety essentials (the-prevent-dangerous-situations-before-they-happen kinda stuff)
6. Car seat – #1 important tool for when transporting the little cutie from point A to point B
7. Monitor – so sissie can hear what’s going on … for example… the cries… at 1 in the morning… 3 in the morning… 5 in the morning
8. Bathtub – to safely de-germ the precious darling
Developmental essentials (the-stimulate-and-cultivate-baby-brain kinda stuff)
9. Bouncer – soothing to baby while simultaneously rousing his mind
10. Activity gym – its never too early to instill the importance of physical activity and encourage environmental exploration
So these are the gifts I will give sissie.
Now I take off my Queen of Parenting crown… and put on my Queen of Steals and Deals crown.
Luckily for me… I can save myself the $4.50 per gallon of gas by NOT running all over town to find these necessities. They can all be found in one spot… the everything for baby super center which is known by most as Babies R Us. Better yet, I don’t even have to drive 10 miles the local Babies R Us… I can shop online and they’ll leave everything sissie’s needs right at her front door. And… Babies R Us is offering free shipping on many of their clearance items and select Graco products. For a limited time, I can also take advantage of this free shipping offer.
Going through Ebates, I can save 2% on all of my Babies R Us purchases, plus they’ll throw in an extra 5 bucks to boot.
I can use my Chase Babies R Us MasterCard to earn 4 points for every dollar I spend at Babies R Us… and because I already know that I’ll be the type of auntie that spoils her niece (I’m hoping for a girl) … these points will add up quick.
If I really wanted to get into the Babies R Us savings fun, I could apply to be a part time associate… Who doesn’t like Employee Discounts?
Although I missed out on this deal, I signed up for the online newsletter so I can get a heads up the next time a special comes around.
I’ll also keep a look out at these forums which are dedicated to letting penny-pinchers like me know when Babies R Us has a current promotion or coupon:
There is also another secret trick that us coupon-savvy consumers know… if you promise not to say it was me who revealed the secret, I’ll let you in…
Great, I knew I could trust ya’ll…
Ok… get close, ‘cause I gotta whisper for this one…
Most brick-and-mortar stores, including Babies R Us, will accept expired manufacturer coupons as well as their own expired coupons. As long as it scans, they’ll take it. So don’t throw those expired coupons away.
That’s all for now PFA. If you need me, I’ll be at my new favorite store… Babies R Us!
- Tammy: After being injured during a robbery then cancer I fell a month behind but called them, sent documents and...
- Ana: How on earth are people spending so little on food? My husband and I spend an average of $1000 on groceries. It...
- Bill Johnston: For Mac I strongly recommend to use iBank or Quicken with Numeric Notes.
- Will: I started rolling my own and found that the technology is a lot better than when I was a lot younger. The...
- James: I pay 8$ for two big loads+ free drying. I do laundry once a month or twice. my sisters bill went up by 150$...
- Auctions (1)
- Banks (1)
- Career (19)
- Carnivals (51)
- cars (7)
- Contests (5)
- Coupons (71)
- credit (49)
- Credit Cards (249)
- Debt Reduction (24)
- Deposit Accounts (31)
- Education (13)
- Insurance (70)
- Investing/Trading (27)
- Loans (92)
- Make Money (42)
- Media (28)
- Money Saving Strategies (204)
- Mortgages (55)
- PFA Policies (2)
- Political Issues (61)
- Regulation (22)
- Review (8)
- Taxes (46)
- The Economy (116)
- Uncategorized (78)
- Wall Street (44)
- August 2014
- October 2012
- May 2012
- September 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008